DOING BUSINESS WITH NASSAU COUNTY, NY
For vendors interested in doing business with Nassau County, following is information regarding registering as a vendor eligible to participate in solicitations. Please note that Nassau County promotes diversity and economic equity in the vendor community, and participation of certified and eligible MWBE vendors is strongly encouraged. The County welcomes your questions regarding our MWBE program and becoming a certified vendor; please click https://www.nassaucountyny.gov/1729/Minority-Affairs for more information.
Getting Started: Registering As a Vendor
In an effort to improve our service to the business community, Nassau County has a transparent, cloud-based e-procurement system, the Nassau County Bid Solicitation Boards, which are available online 24/7/365. These systems, which notify registered vendors of all solicitations which reference vendor-identified commodity codes, maximize efficiency and increase business opportunities for you.
The Nassau County Bid Solicitation Boards are open to all registered vendors who have paid the annual vendor registration fee of $125. Vendors that have not registered are able to view open solicitation opportunities, but they are not able to download solicitation documents or submit bids or proposals.
Companies that have been awarded a Blanket Purchase Order Contract (BPNC) covering political subdivisions will be required to pay a one-time registration fee of $275 per contract in addition to the $125.00 annual vendor registration fee.
To complete the registration process, Click here.
- Access from any computer or mobile device.
- Ability to self-register and maintain your account.
- Ability to receive email notifications and text messages of Nassau County purchasing opportunities.
- Real time bidding.
- Ability of political subdivisions to participate in the bid process.
- A cloud-based Blanket Purchase Order Contract (BPNC) page that allows County Blanket Purchase contracts to be easily accessed by political subdivisions.
Purchases are subject to NY State Municipal bidding law and Nassau County Charter requirements, which require the following:
- Purchases under $500 do not require competitive bids. Only one recorded quote is required. Additional quotes may be requested if the Buyer deems it appropriate for savings potential.
- Purchases $500 to $2999 require three informal competitive bids. The Buyer must obtain and record at least three verbal quotations.
- Purchases $3000 to $9999 - The Buyer must obtain and record at least three written informal competitive quotations from the vendors.
- Purchases $10,000 or more - The Buyer must prepare a Formal Sealed Bid, Request For Proposals, or other formal solicitation method which would have a separate set of compliance rules requiring strict adherence and documentation. The sealed bid typically is sent to at least three bidders and is advertised in the County’s official periodical. Bid notification is also posted on the Nassau County website www.nassaucountyny.gov:
- For Formal Bids click the “Bid Solicitation Board” on the “eServices” menu.
- For Informal solicitations click the “Live Bidding” option on the Shared Services page.
- Vendors are given a minimum of 5 business days to respond, although most formal bids provide additional time. Sealed bids are opened publicly at the time and location stated in the solicitation. Other procedural requirements may apply.
- In all cases the lowest responsive, responsible bidder is awarded the purchase order or contract.
Nassau County also solicits services using Requests For Proposals (RFPs). RFPs also are subject to State and County Charter requirements:
- Requests For Proposals - The Buyer must prepare an RFP which is subject to a separate set of compliance rules requiring strict adherence and documentation. The RFP typically is sent to at least three bidders and is advertised in the County’s official periodical. RFP notification is also posted on the Nassau County website www.nassaucountyny.gov:
- For RFPs click the “Bid Solicitation Board” on the “eServices” menu.
Purchases of $100,000 or more must be presented to the Nassau County Legislature Rules Committee for oversight.
We encourage all vendors to contact the agency/ies that may have a need for their services to introduce themselves to make agencies aware of their company and its capabilities.